Starfish has just welcomed 10 teachers from Malawi on a teacher exchange.
There will be 8 more teachers coming in June with a reciprocal visit to Malawi later in October. Meeting with your partner school makes all the difference, because nothing can take the place of personal contact.
The trip was full of smiles and laughs and, of course, school work.
A Gala Dinner was held for the teachers at the Commonwork Development Education Centre followed by a London trip around the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace and Covent Garden, which proved to be very popular.
The eight new schools to experience a visit shortly will be:
- Oakleys, Tonbridge – Salima Partially Sighted
- Featherby Juniors, Gillingham – Mchoka
- Angley, Cranbrook – Salima Secondary
- Holy Trinity, Northwood – Mkanakhoti
- Lamberhurst, Kent – Chikombola
- Ticehurst, East Sussex – Chikomambuzi
- Lawn, Northfleet – Chikuluti
- Sissinghurst, Kent– Boma
Congratulations to these schools. Thanks to the British Council for supporting global education in both countries.